The reception followed the wedding. We had a few hours to change and rest before the work started again. My beautician arrived again, this time there was no time to fix the mistakes, oh well. I was painted up and dressed again. Suketu arrived in his tuxedo - WOW! We went back to the same hall where it had been redecorated. We sat on the stage and greeted about 400 guests. Normally it would be twice this amount, but the bride only brought 4 people. They come to the stage, wish you best of luck, hand over a gift, and then pose for pictures. The pictures I of course smile for. After a few hundred, my mouth was really hurting. Then I remember, most Indians don't smile in photos. Sure enough, as we have looked through them, Suketu and I are the only ones smiling. Odd.
After all the pictures are taken we make our way downstairs of the meal. We are seated seperate. Finally, food and a chair! A fan was found for me and then it began. Each dish of the meal had its own waiter and then there were about 3 supervisors. The service was phenomenal. It was a buffet for everyone else. When I said I liked one of the sweets and man snapped his finger, another ran into the kitchen, and a young boy stumbled out catching his hat and rushed to me with a cashew roll filled with fig.
After the reception we went home and changed. His friends treated us to a night in the J.W. Marriot in Juhu, a subarb nearby. This place was awesome, 5 star. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet and I finally got brewed coffee!! Only people from India can understand this. No more nescafe in milk!
No comments:
Post a Comment