Friday, April 2, 2010

Sangeet March 31st





On the 2nd day of ceremonies, there is a Sangeet in the evening. Sangeet in hindi, means music. The Sangeet function is where the music and dancing happen. We had a live band who did a wonderful job. However, they sang and did all the talking in Gujrati. I don't know any, I only know some hindi, therefore I was totally lost! It was fun though. Indians can break it down. Talk about some dancing and partying. People were on the dance floor nonstop. I got to see Suketu interact with his family and see a different side of him. He was glowing. Following the ceremony there was more food again. Around 10PM when we were taking pictures a loud bell went off and I immediately thought of a fire alarm. Myself and Melissa jumped up and started towards the door when we realized no one was moving. I did not want to be on CNN in a stampede of a fire in Mumbai, but couldn't understand why no one was concerned about the impending fire. When the alarm went off I was told that it was just an alarm to say your rented time in the facility is over. I was then told most buildings in India do not have fire alarms or sprinklers - note the horror coverage on CNN of schools burning down to the ground. It would also explain the reason I saw absolutely no firetrucks or stations here.

Check back soon for pictures, they are on several cameras I still need to get a hold of.

No comments:

Post a Comment